(for 8 x 8 pan)
1 lb sausage
1 egg, slightly beaten
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
¼ cup parmesan cheese (divided)
½ tsp dried basil
13 oz tomato sauce
½ cup water
Oven -ready lasagna noodles
1. Brown ground sausage and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 425. Add tomato sauce and water to pan with sausage.
3. In small bowl beat the egg. Add ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella ( ½ cup), half of the parmesan (2 Tbsp), and the basil. Mix well.
4. Spread 1/3 of meat sauce mixture in bottom of 8 x 8 pan. Cover with noodles.
5. Spread cheese mixture over noodles.
6. Top cheese mixture with meat sauce. Cover with noodles.
7. Spread remaining meat mixture over noodles and top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
8. Cover with double layer of foil and bake for 60 minutes. Remove foil for last 10 minutes or use broiler after cooking complete for browning as desired. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
*For 9 x 13, double all ingredients. Layer as follows: sauce, noodles, cheese; sauce, noodles, cheese; sauce, noodles, sauce, mozzarella & parmesan.