I had a really pleasant surprise the other day when Stephanie of I found him whom my soul loves commented that she nominated me for a Liebster Award. How nice of her! Thanks, Stephanie!
I stole this graphic from her that will help explain things and what this post is all about:
So here goes....
11 facts about me:
1. My hair is naturally curly but it was not curly until I was a teenager.
2. I have more of a savory tooth than a sweet tooth and most of the time I'd probably rather get an order of wings or nachos than that fabulous cake on the menu.
3. I lost my engagement ring on my honeymoon so I have been without it longer than the 8 months I did have it.
4. I absolutely love corgis!
5. I have lupus nephritis, an autoimmune disease that affects my kidneys.
6. I volunteer at a center for women with unplanned pregnancies.
7. I'm a nurse and this summer I will finally earn my bachelor's degree!
9. I am becoming Catholic this Easter.
10. Every time I wash my hands I sing "Happy Birthday" twice to be sure I wash long enough and the name I use in it is my friend who died when I was in high school.
11. I earned my Gold Award in Girl Scouts, the highest award possible, equivalent to an Eagle Scout.
Stephanie's questions for me:
1. What is your favorite city, state, or country you've ever been to and why?
This is really tough and a question I get ask constantly now. I think my favorite country I've been to is Italy, but my favorite trip was to London or Paris.
2. Who is your favorite musical artist or group?
3. What is your favorite Bible verse or passage?
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
4. What is your favorite quote?
"But I think for two people to really love each other to really commit to each other it has to be an act of will. Or a decision. And I think two people have to live that decision every day. Even when things are hard and you feel like giving up you have to hang on to that decision, that choice to love each other. Even if it's only by a thread." --Stepmom, the proposal
5. What is one of your pet peeves?
Spelling or grammar errors in published, edited work.
6. What is most misunderstood about you?
Oh, so many things...maybe that I'm a bit shy?
7. Who is your favorite Saint and why?
St. Anthony because he always seems to come through :-) He helped me find my library book in second grade and we've been buds ever since.
8. What is the scariest or most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Wow, I feel really boring because the best thing I can think of is ziplining? A lot of people do that. Moving to a foreign country without speaking the language and not returning to the US for the better part of a year might count. But I guess it never seemed like it was scary or all that adventurous of me because I had my husband.
9. What is your favorite TV show from the '90s?
10. What is your favorite thing to cook? Feel free to include a recipe if you'd like!
Bread, because it smells great and my husband LOVES it.
11. What made you laugh the most this week?
My husband's songs and other silly comments
And the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
2. How many siblings do you have? Brothers or sisters? Are you the youngest, oldest, or in the middle?
3. Beach or mountains?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. What is the most unusual illness or injury you've ever had? Were you in the hospital?
6. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
7. What is the last song you sang out loud?
8. If you had to eat at one fast food restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
9. What do you most hope readers will take away from your blog?
10. What is one brand to which you are loyal and why?
11. What would you do if you had 6-8 months to do anything you wanted and only what you wanted? (so you don't have to work)
My nominees (it will take some time to get 9 and I'm not sure I'll get there but check back and the list will grow!):